- Lean: Provide a small and monolithic architecture that supports
the main standards and most important features of IKEv2.
Monolithic means that we do not even try to put lots of features in
lots of dynamic libraries.
- Clean: Write readable and clean code following strict coding
- Secure: Implement secure code with strict validity
checking, bounded buffer operations, and privilege separation to
mitigate the security risks of possible bugs. Use strong cryptography
with sane but secure defaults.
- Interoperable: Provide good interoperability with other IKEv2
implementations, support non-standard extensions if it is required to
interoperate with other major implementations.
- Configurable: Make the configuration easy and nice with sane
defaults, minimalistic configuration files and good documentation in
the manual pages. Avoid the headaches of past and other IKE